Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A gunless world

I've been wondering this question lately. As a firearm owner I can't really conceive of a world without guns, since guns have played such a huge part in the formation of current world political dynamic. In the past I've argued with other that have told me that the nowadays the affect of gun violence is such a destabilizing affect that without guns the world would be a more peaceful and stable place for humanity. But as usual I tell them that violence is not a new occurrence that happened to appear with the creation and proliferation of firearm technologies. Violence has always been a part of the human experience, so one could say that the presence of gun violence in the world is merely the newest developmental in human development. In a world without guns we will always find alternative ways to harm and threaten others.